Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Blog 6
My partner and I finally gave our workshop at the Lowman Home last week. I think it went pretty good. I'm glad Dr. Keane was there and she agreed that it went well. We had about six or seven people show up for the OpenOffice Calc workshop. Once we finished our spill on the program and turned them loose on it they seemed to enjoy it. Most of them were fascinated with the different controls and the formulas we showed them that did the calculations for them. Overall it was a pleasant experience and I enjoyed helping them learn something that could possibly help to make their lives a little easier. My only regret is that I wasn't able to attend some of the other workshops that were held before ours. I'm sure most of them took to that material just as quickly as they did ours.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am glad to hear that the workshop went well Calvin. I know you and Randall were worried about the topic being too advanceded for The Lowman Home residents, but it looks like they may have suprised you two on how much they really know. OpenOffice Calc is a really cool program when used correctly, so it is cool that you and Randall got the chance to shoe the residents a program that they probably would have never used if it was not for the workshop.
ReplyDeleteYes, the workshop was delivered very well Calvin. I too was worried that OpenOffice Calc was going to be to complicated for the residents. But quite a few caught on really quick. The most suprising, was how quickly they caught on with the formulas. I was impressed with both you and Randall as well as the residents. Now we just have to see what they will want to learn next year.
ReplyDelete